Please contact our Educational Visits Manager, Fiona Imrie MA, BA (Hons with QTS) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Parties are welcomed, and further details are available from the contact details on this page. Teachers wishing to plan a visit to the railway are advised to apply in writing for a pair of free travel tickets (valid on non-special event days) to help them plan their visit and undertake risk assessments.
A guide to the learning opportunities available in various subjects can be downloaded here (pdf file).
- To request a visit please download and send the completed form to email@example.com. The form is available here.
- Our generic risk assessment can be downloaded here and our school visits and safety policy can be downloaded here.
Any request and bookings are subject to standard terms and conditions as detailed here:
- Please complete a booking enquiry form at least one month prior to your intended visit.
- All workshops, talks and demonstrations are subject to availability. For reasons beyond the Education Department’s control, it is very occasionally necessary to cancel a booked activity at short notice but other arrangements will be made.
- If you need to cancel please do so in writing as soon as possible. We require at least two weeks’ notice otherwise you will be charged the full cost of the visit.
- Any alterations, of 5 or more pupils, to group numbers must be made no later than 14 days prior to you visit. We require at least two weeks’ notice otherwise you will be charged the full cost of the visit.
- Complimentary tickets are provided for staff planning a visit. This is particularly important as, due to the varied nature of the site it is not possible to provide a comprehensive risk assessment for every visit. If a visit is arranged through our Educational Visits Department one of the team will be available to show staff around.
- Our bus and train service relies on vintage vehicles, operated by a volunteer crew. We can therefore never fully guarantee the availability of bus and train services.
- It may not be possible to re-schedule the times of pre-booked activities, such as workshops, for school groups who arrive late. The Railway reserves the right to cancel such activities or shorten their duration in these circumstances.
Please note that a booking has not been made until you receive a confirmation from the Railway.