Educational Visits Academic Year 2023-24
Following many years of successful school trips we are again offering day trips on heritage trains for school groups.
These are available on the following dates:
- 28 November
- 19 March
- 14 May (this train will be hauled by a steam locomotive)
- 18 June
Each day involves two train trips (am and pm) and the chance to look around Ongar and North Weald stations. This includes the signal boxes and station buildings.
The day is £8 per pupil (£12 for the steam hauled service). We offer one free adult ticket for every 6 pupils. Additional adults will be charged £8 (£12 for the steam hauled service) each.
Gift Bags or a visit to the gift shop can be arranged via the Educational Visits Manager when you make your booking.
If you are using Public Transport (Central Line tube) to get to Epping station we can pick you up from there using our vintage buses. This is an additional £2 per pupil.
To book your school on to one of these days please contact- our Educational Visits Manager, Fiona Imrie (MA and BA Hons with QTS) by email: email@example.com
Any request and bookings are subject to standard terms and conditions as detailed below.
- Please email at least 2 weeks before the date you wish to visit on.
- If you need to cancel please do so by email as soon as possible. We require at least two weeks’ notice otherwise you will be charged the full cost of the visit.
- Any alterations, of 5 or more pupils, to group numbers must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to you visit.
- Complimentary tickets are provided for staff planning a visit. This is particularly important due to the varied nature of the site it is not possible to provide a comprehensive risk assessment for every visit. If a visit is arranged through our Educational Visits Department one of the team will be available to show staff around.
- Our bus and train service relies on vintage vehicles, operated by a volunteer crew. We can therefore never fully guarantee the availability of bus and train services.
- Please note that a booking has not been made until you receive a confirmation from the Educational Visits Manager.
A guide to the learning opportunities available in various subjects can be downloaded here (pdf file).