BR Class 37 D6729 (37029)
"Class 37" 1,750 BHP English Electric locomotive D6729, was released from the English Electric works at Vulcan Foundary, Newton le Willows, in March 1961 and allocated to Stratford depot in London. Surviving an accident at Great Chesterford in 1963, the locomotive became 37029 under the TOPS renumbering scheme in November 1973. Officially withdrawn just prior to Christmas in 1993, 37029 saw a resurgance and was re-instated in private ownership working mainline passenger charter trains and starred at the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway diesel gala in 1998. Several owners later, including Direct Rail Services, the locomotive was withdrawn again in 2009 and moved to North Weald in October 2010 where she has been since.
The locomotive has been restored and repainted into the original 1950-1960s livery it carried when it was based at nearby Stratford shed (30A) and carries the number D6729.
The locomotive is popular with many as it has its original bodywork, complete with "split headcode" nose, and is one of only a few in the whole country.