Snow on Show in the Penny Salon22nd December 2017

Although there will be a roaring fire in the Great Eastern Railway fireplace of The Penny Salon, formally the Ladies Waiting Room at Ongar Station - there's SNOW ON SHOW on the walls ... 

For the duration of the 5 days operating after Christmas - Mince Pie Specials on 27, 28, 30, 31 and the New Year Steam Day on 1st January, organisors Geoff Silcock and Malcolm Batten have devised a special SNOW ON SHOW presentation at The Penny Salon at Ongar Station. With even more framed images, and artifacts than ever before, it features the work of Malcolm, his father Reg Batten (1914 - 2014) , and many of Geoff's framed images, with snow from over the last 7 decades, with the accent on transport activities in the white stuff during those times .


It is beleived that by the 1st January 2018, the 5 presentation/ exhibitions that commenced in May will have been viewed by in the region of 2300 - 2500 people, and though 95% of the Salon, and the railway visitors were from Essex, London and the Home Counties, the other 5% of tourists were from all the 5 continents  


Into 2018, we take pleasure to announce that to coincide with the major part of the Railway's Steam Gala between 8th and 10th of June, that there will be a presentation from Malcolm Root, a Fellow of the Guild of Railway Artists , with the emphasis on his inspirational transport paintings into the Eastern Counties. Malcolm hails from Halstead in Essex, and his  work is well known, especially for the limited edition prints available of many of his major works over the years, such as "Signalling Winter", set at Harringay West, which is on display as part of the present SNOW ON SHOW presentation. 

Admission to the Penny Salon is free. Tickets are needed to travel on the buses and trains