Everything has doors. Bus Event18 February
This event will celebrate "One Person Operation" (OPO) buses. All buses at this event will have doors - no open platforms in sight - including those operating our normal 339 service between North Weald and Epping Underground station.
It is a running day and we will be operating trips from North Weald to Passingford Bridge via a variety of routes, North Weald to Harlow and a High Beech tour, recreating former routes that ran in the area.
The bus timetable for the additional routes is now available - see below. 2nd Guest Vehicle added!
The vehicle line up is:
- GLS 490 - A rare survivor from the batch of Greenway Nationals that were used on the Red Arrow services. Despite being listed on some enthusiast sites as 'presumed scrapped, it certainly isn't and will be in service today!
- RMA 48 (NMY 631E) - its first ever day in public service since its career with BEA that finished almost 40 years ago.
- Volvo Ailsa V3 (A103 SUU)
- A surprise guest vehicle!
- A second guest vehicle. This will now operate the 14.25 and 15.30 trips to Harlow on Route 718. In common with a number of the announced buses that have been out of use for years, this vehicle is operating in service for only the second day since it finished its main service career in 1981!
If your tastes are more traditional, there will also be RF180 and RF401 plus RCL2260 in service.
On static display will be:
- FRM1 - Front Entrance Routemaster prototype
Our usual steam and diesel trains will be in operation between Epping Forest, North Weald and Ongar.
Photo Credits: Keith Valla and Katie Pickersgill
Pop Up Shop - EFE Buses
A special Pop Up shop will be open at North Weald Station selling new and second hand EFE London buses. We have probably the largest selection of London buses in the world at competitive prices - so bring your 'wants' list.
Also on sale at the Popup Shop and at the Gift Shop will be London themed new and second hand bus books, DVDs and other related bus merchandise.
The timetable for the trains and 339 bus service can be found here. The times for the additional bus routes being operated can be downloaded from this link (pdf file, 175kb). Note that the 14.25 and 15.30 services to Harlow on route 718 will now be worked by a second guest vehicle - see above.
Kids for a quid fares apply today, giving unlimited travel on all trains and buses (including the additional routes) all day. Adult £14; Concession £13; Child £1. If you do not want to travel on the trains, a "bus only" rover is also available priced at £8. Select "All Day Rover" from the options below.